Our skilled engineers provide design, development, production engineering, installation, commissioning and post design support services.
Drawing on our robust engineering and production processes plus the breadth of our in-house technical skills we can offer cost effective and professional solutions to complex sub-contract engineering requirements. At J+S we offer a one-stop shop for a wide range of engineered solutions.
- We develop robust design architectures, track requirements using DOORS™ and follow a formal design review process to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Digital – We are highly skilled in microprocessor technology, using the latest FPGA, BGA and DSP devices and working in a range of firmware languages
- Analogue – We have extensive expertise in low noise pre-amplifiers and power amplifiers, COTS control systems and bespoke design. We apply electromechanical sensors, drives and control electronics to develop complete systems
- Enclosure - We develop complex electrical designs for cabinets, including interface and power supply specifications.
- Power – System design up to 33kV is an integral part of our electrical engineering work.
- Embedded - Embedded software solutions are a key competence, we offer design to Board Support Package (BSP) level, using a variety of programming languages.
- Human Computer Interface - We offer user-friendly interfaces for ease of operation of our software solutions.
- Network Engineering - Our unique understanding of military network engineering means we can apply extensive skills over a broad range of development projects.
- Structures - From complex missile test stands to equipment enclosures we are capable of designing and developing a range of structures.
- Detailed Design - Our team are fully proficient in Solidworks™ and familiar with military drawing package requirements.
- Materials - Utilising our team of material specialists we are able to design and develop tools for hot and cold moulding processes.
- J+S' acoustic engineering expertise lies in the design, development, manufacture and support of the ‘wet-end’ components of sonar systems.